Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Guest Blogger - Viki Twyman from Lorie Lynn Designs


Approximately 5 years ago I was working for the Redding Police Department as a Police Services Supervisor and I was making jewelry as a hobby. At the time one of my co-workers (and dear friend) was engaged in a battle against breast cancer. Unfortunately she lost her battle in 2006. By that time, I was selling some of my jewelry and thinking about taking it from a hobby to a business. I was trying to come up with a name when another friend suggested I name the jewelry after Lorie. I loved the idea, and with the blessing of her family, Lorie Lynn Jewelry was born. In Lorie's memory, we donate 10% of our sales to local breast cancer programs.
I asked another friend, Bobbi Berg, if she would like to join me in this venture, she said yes, and we have been having a blast creating fun wearable art ever since. We think of our jewelry as pieces of art because every piece is an original, one-of-a-kind creation.
We started out making your basic beaded jewelry and after a short time decided that just wasn't the direction we wanted to go. We started adding vintage and antique jewelry pieces to our creations. We LOVED the look of the new pieces and decided this is where we wanted to go with our jewelry. It has continued to evolve and the majority of our jewelry is now made from anything old that we can find. We use old keys, drawer plates and pulls, jewelry pieces, chain, typewriter keys, can openers, rulers, etc. etc..................The hunt for all of the great stuff we use is almost as much fun as creating the jewelry.
We recently changed the name of our business to Lorie Lynn Designs to incorporate other accessories that we now offer. I have started creating fabric wrist cuffs, neck-warmers and scarves and am hoping to add handbags in the near future.
Our jewelry is sold in the Kimberly Nicole Boutique, California Decor, and Oregon Street Antique Mall in Redding, CA, and Adorna Bella in San Francisco.
Our etsy store: www.lorielynn.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Viki, Your a gem. Thanks for being my first "Guest Blogger".

    ReplyDelete